We are proud to share that we have been awarded the National Distributor of the Year award at the recent Foodservice Packaging Association (FPA) Awards. The awards ceremony, which was held on Thursday 10th March at The Grand Hotel in Brighton, was attended by 460 FPA members and their guests, and hosted by comedian and broadcaster Paul Sinha.
Bunzl Catering Supplies take home the award for the third time in four years, after being selected as the winners of the award in both 2013 and 2014. Judged by an independent panel of experts across the FPA, this year’s awards saw the most entries ever received.
Distributors were assessed based on the following criteria:
- Effectiveness at working to develop their customers’ sales of their products
- Effectiveness at working to find new packaging solutions
- Distribution and warehousing
- Marketing and communication to their customers
- The product and customer knowledge of their staff
- The provision of customer feedback
- The ease of doing business with them
On top of our successes, some of our suppliers and customers also achieved recognition at the awards. These included:
- The FPA Manufacturer of the Year 2016 Award, which was sponsored by us and won by our partner supplier: SCA Hygiene Products UK.
- The FPA Foodservice Operator of the Year Award, won by
- The FPA Chairman’s Award Chairman’s Award 2016, awarded to Greg Fitchett of CMC Daymark for dedicated service and inspiration to the foodservice packaging industry.
- The FPA Marketing Award 2016 given to Wrap Film Systems for the ‘Wrap Smart’ campaign.
During the event, a charity auction and raffle raised more than £10,000 for Hospitality Action and Springboard.
Read more about the award on the FPA Website